eye noun கண்,
one of the two parts in your head that you see with:
- She’s got blue eyes.
- Open your eyes!
catch somebody’s eye
1 to make somebody look at you:
- Try to catch the waiter’s eye the next time he comes this way.
2 If something catches your eye, you see it suddenly:
- Her bright yellow hat caught my eye.
in somebody’s eyes in the opinion of somebody:
- Richard is 42, but in his mother’s eyes, he’s still a little boy!
keep an eye on somebody or something to look after or watch somebody or something:
- Will you keep an eye on my bag while I go to the toilet?
see eye to eye with somebody to agree with somebody:
- Mr Harper doesn’t always see eye to eye with his neighbours.