jump verb (jumps, jumping, jumped )குதி
1to move quickly off the ground, using your legs to push you up:
- The cat jumped onto the table.
- The horse jumped over the wall.
2to move quickly:
- He jumped into the car and drove away.
3to move suddenly because you are surprised or frightened:
- A loud noise made me jump.
jump at something to accept an opportunity or an offer with enthusiasm:
- Of course I jumped at the chance to work in New York for a year.
▶ jump noun:
With a huge jump the horse cleared the fence.