knock verb தட்டு , இடி , மோது,அடி அல்லது மோது.
knock 1 verb (knocks, knocking, knocked )
1to hit something and make a noise:
- I knocked on the door, but nobody answered.
2to hit something hard, usually by accident:
- I knocked my head on the door.
- She knocked a glass off the table.
knock somebody down, knock somebody over to hit somebody so that they fall onto the ground:
- The boy was knocked down by a car.
knock something down to break a building so that it falls down same meaning demolish:
- They’re knocking down the old houses.
knock somebody out to make somebody fall asleep or become unconscious:
- The blow knocked him out.
knock something over to hit something so that it falls over:
- I knocked over a vase of flowers.
knock 2 noun
the action of hitting something; the sound that this makes:
- I heard a knock at the door.