yield verb PRODUCE விட்டுக்கொடு, இணங்கு; தயாரி,
1. [ T ] to supply or produce something positive such as a profit, an amount of food or information
- an attempt to yield increased profits
- The investigation yielded some unexpected results.
- Favourable weather yielded a good crop.
yield verb GIVE UP
2. [ I or T ] to give up the control of or responsibility for something, often because you have been forced to
- They were forced to yield (up) their land to the occupying forces.
- Despite renewed pressure to give up the occupied territory, they will not yield.
yield verb BEND/BREAK
3. [ I ] slightly formal to bend or break under pressure
- His legs began to yield under the sheer weight of his body.
|yielding to authority||கீழ்ப்படிந்து நடத்தல், கீழ்ப்படிதல்|
|yielding to command||உத்தரவுப்படி நடத்தல்|