zap verb DESTROY அழி
1. informal to destroy or kill something or someone, especially intentionally
- They’ve got the kind of weapons that can zap the enemy from thousands of miles away.
- figurative We’re really going to zap the competition with this new product!
zap verb -pp- GO QUICKLY விரைவு!
2. [ I or T usually + adverb or preposition ] informal to go somewhere or do something quickly
- Have I got time to zap into town and do some shopping?
- George zapped through his homework and rushed out to play football.
- There are now over a million American fax machines zapping (= sending quickly) messages from coast to coast.
3. [ I usually + adverb or preposition ] mainly US informal to use an electronic device to change television channels quickly, sometimes to avoid watching advertisements
zap noun [ U ] mainly US informal ஆற்றல், சக்தி
energy and enthusiasm
- She needs to put a bit more zap into her performance.