quarter noun கால் பாகம்.
1 one of four equal parts of something; ¼:
- a mile and a quarter
- The film starts in three quarters of an hour.
2 three months:
- You get a telephone bill every quarter.
3 a part of a town:
- the Chinese quarter
(a) quarter past (British) 15 minutes after the hour:
- It’s quarter past two.
- I’ll meet you at a quarter past.
In American English you say a quarter after:
- It’s a quarter after seven.
(a) quarter to (British) 15 minutes before the hour:
- It’s quarter to nine.
In American English you say a quarter of:
- It’s a quarter of four now.