question 1 noun வினா , கேள்வி
1 something that you ask:
- They asked me a lot of questions.
- She didn’t answer my question.
- What is the answer to question 3?
2something that you need to deal with; something that is being discussed:
- The question is, how can we raise the money?
- It’s a question of time – we need to finish the work today.
in question that we are talking about:
- On the day in question I was in London.
out of the question not possible:
- No, I won’t give you any more money. It’s out of the question!
question 2 verb (questions, questioning, questioned )
1 to ask somebody questions about something:
- The police questioned him about the stolen car.
2to feel doubt about something:
- She told me she was the child’s mother so I didn’t question her right to be there.
query question mark