twist verb (twists, twisting, twisted) முறுக்கு , திருகு , முறுக்கம் , திருப்பம் , திரித்துக் கூறு
1 to change the shape of something by turning it in different directions; to turn in many directions:
- She twisted the metal into strange shapes.
- The path twists and turns through the forest.
2to turn something with your hand:
- Twist the lid off the jar.
3to turn something round another object many times:
- They twisted the sheets into a rope and escaped through the window.
4to hurt part of your body by suddenly turning it in a way that is not natural:
- She fell and twisted her ankle.
▶ twist noun:
- the twists and turns of the river
- She gave the handle a hard twist.