bail noun பிணை , ஜாமீன்
money left with a court of law to make sure that a prisoner will return when their trial starts
- Carpenter is free on bail while he appeals his conviction.
- She was murdered by a man who was out on bail for rape.
- The three men were released on bail pending an appeal.
- He is not likely to be granted bail.
bail noun CRICKET
the two small pieces of wood on top of the stumps in a game of cricket, which can be knocked off with the ball to make the player who is batting (= hitting the ball) out
bail verb REMOVE WATER
1. ( UK also bale ) [ I ] to remove water from a boat using a container
- The boat’s sinking! Start bailing quickly!