acknowledgment noun ஏற்றுக் கோடல் , ஒப்புக்கொள்ளுதல் , பெறுகை ஒப்பம் , ஒப்புரை , நன்றி , அங்கீகாரம் , பற்றுச்சீட்டு , ரசீது.
1 [uncountable and countable] the act of admitting or accepting that something is true
- We want an acknowledgement of the existence of the problem.
- The reduction in their grant is an acknowledgement that they have been paid too much.
2 [singular] a movement of your body that shows that you have noticed someone or heard what they have said:
- Basil nodded an acknowledgement as he entered the room.
- He gave her a faint smile of acknowledgement.
3 [uncountable and countable] the act of publicly thanking someone for something they have done
in acknowledgement of something
- She received a special award in acknowledgement of all her hard work.
4 [uncountable and countable] a letter written to tell someone that you have received their letter, message etc:
- Do you want a written acknowledgement?
5.Acknowledgment [plural] a short piece of writing at the beginning or end of a book in which the writer thanks all the people who have helped him or her